- Feed has no items.
- Columbia Tapped For Chinook Maintenance | Turkey Handed Over Babur-Class...by Emily Erhold on September 28, 2023 at 4:00 am
Americas Columbia Helicopters won a $54 million deal for maintenance and overhaul of the CH-47 Chinook rotor head. The Chinook CH-47 is a multi-mission helicopter manufactured by American aerospace and defense firm Boeing for the US Army and international defense forces. It’s used for the […]
- The New Chinooks: Boeing’s Modern H-47 Heavy-Lift Helicoptersby Joe Katzman on September 28, 2023 at 3:58 am
CH-47Fs take off (click to view full) DII FOCUS articles offer in-depth, updated looks at significant military programs of record; this FOCUS Article covers the CH-47F/MH-47G Chinook helicopter programs, in the USA and abroad. These helicopters’ distinctive “flying banana” twin-rotor design […]
- Adding Arleigh Burkes: H.I.I. Steps Forward for DDG-51 Restartby Joe Katzman on September 28, 2023 at 3:56 am
DDG-110 Construction (click to view full) In April 2009 Bath and Ingalls agreed to the Navy’s surface combatant plans, thus heralding a significant restructuring within the American naval shipbuilding community. Under the agreements, the USA would end production at 3 Graf Spee sized DDG-1000 […]
- Raytheon Tapped For V-22 Support | Mozambique Seeks Attack Drones | RAAF...by Emily Erhold on September 27, 2023 at 4:00 am
Americas Argon ST Inc. won a $24 million delivery order for the procurement of 11 communication equipment interface units in support of the MQ-4C Triton used in the Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Weapon Systems Support (WSS) Integrated Weapon Support Team’s program. All work will be […]
- The MQ-4C Triton: Poseidon’s Unmanned Heraldby Joe Katzman on September 27, 2023 at 3:58 am
BAMS Operation Concept (click to view full) The world’s P-3 Orion fleets have served for a long time, and many are reaching the end of their lifespans. In the USA, and possibly beyond, the new P-8 Poseidon Multi-mission Maritime Aircraft will take up the P-3’s role. While the P-8’s base […]
- V-22 Osprey: The Multi-Year Buysby Joe Katzman on September 27, 2023 at 3:56 am
(click to view full) In March 2008, the Bell Boeing Joint Project Office in Amarillo, TX received a $10.4 billion modification that converted the previous N00019-07-C-0001 advance acquisition contract to a fixed-price-incentive-fee, multi-year contract. The new contract rose to $10.92 billion, and […]
- BAE Wins Trident Support Deal | Bulgaria Opened New Cybersecurity Defense...by Emily Erhold on September 26, 2023 at 4:00 am
Americas BAE Systems won a $23.5 million deal for logistics engineering and integration support services for Trident II Strategic Weapon System and the Submarine Submersible Guided Missile Attack Weapon System. This contract award also benefits a foreign military sale to the United Kingdom. Work […]
- Trident II D5 Missile: Keeping Up with Changing Timesby Fred Donovan on September 26, 2023 at 3:58 am
Trident II D5 Test Launch (click to view full) Nuclear tipped missiles were first deployed on board US submarines at the height of the Cold War in the 1960s, to deter a Soviet first strike. The deterrence theorists argued that, unlike their land-based cousins, submarine-based nuclear weapons […]
- US To Give Ukraine ATACMS | DoS Approves FMS To Saudi Arabia | Germany, France...by Emily Erhold on September 25, 2023 at 4:00 am
Americas Lockheed Martin won an $98 million deal to provide for the development of production engineering change proposals, retrofit engineering release reports, investigations and subcontractor support for investigations and qualifications in support of increasing the life of F-35 aircraft parts […]
- F-35 Lightning: The Joint Strike Fighter Programby Padraig McCarrick on September 25, 2023 at 3:58 am
F-35B: off probation (click to view full) The $382 billion F-35 Joint Strike fighter program may well be the largest single global defense program in history. This major multinational program is intended to produce an “affordably stealthy” multi-role fighter that will have 3 variants: the […]
- UK prime minister says no immediate plans to send British troops to Ukraineon October 2, 2023 at 1:22 am
British PM Rishi Sunak said he has no immediate plans to send troops to Ukraine, hours after Defense Minister Grant Shapps said there were plans to train troops in Ukraine.
- Mexico church roof collapses during Mass, injuring and trapping parishioners:...on October 1, 2023 at 11:58 pm
The roof of a church in Ciudad Madero, Mexico collapsed on Sunday during a Mass, according to reports, trapping 30 people and injuring 100 others.
- Iran official admits country’s role in terror bombing that killed 241 US...on October 1, 2023 at 10:00 pm
After years of silence about its reported role in the massacres of U.S. Marines, diplomats and personnel in 1983, a senior Iran official publicly acknowledged Iranian regime terrorism.
- Police catch dog behind the wheel of a moving vehicle: 'Irresponsible'on October 1, 2023 at 9:09 pm
The Slovak Police Force announced that they fined a 31-year-old driver after his vehicle was photographed with a large dog in the driver's seat of the car.
- British police arrest second suspect accused of cutting down 300-year-old tree...on October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
A man in his 60s was arrested by British police in connection to the destruction of a 300-year-old tree near Hadrian's Wall in Northern England. A teenager was also arrested.
- Murcia firefighters share video of nightclub fire that killed at least 13 in...on October 1, 2023 at 1:55 pm
Spain is observing three days of mourning following a deadly nightclub fire early Sunday morning in Murcia that claimed the lives of at least 13 people.
- Turkey stops 'terror attack' after suicide bomber detonates at Ankara police...on October 1, 2023 at 1:44 pm
Turkish authorities say terrorists detonated a suicide bomb outside Ankara police headquarters before security forces neutralized the threat Sunday.
- Shocking number of Europeans say you should only be able to fly 4 times in your...on October 1, 2023 at 12:39 pm
More than 40% of French citizens would support banning people from flying more than four times over their entire lives, according to a new poll.
- 'Trump-like' billionaire presidential candidate in Taiwan promises '50 years of...on October 1, 2023 at 12:30 pm
Billionaire Foxconn founder Terry Gou is running an unconventional and populist campaign for Taiwan's president. He says he will bring stability to Taiwan-China relations.
- China escapes unscathed following world leaders UN summit: 'Exhaustion has set...on October 1, 2023 at 10:00 am
Critics allege that China's hypocrisy goes unchecked because of the hunger for the Chinese market and its value to the global economy, even as it commits alleged human rights abuses.